The European Civic Forum
In solidarity in emergency situations, but also as a promoter of sustainable projects, the European Civic Forum (ECF) is an international network of people aiming to develop long-term links of friendship and to combat injustice.
Our present main priorities are :
- Combatting modern slavery in industrial agriculture,
- Cross-border solidarity with migrants and refugees,
- Promotion of a socially and ecologically sustainable agriculture,
- Safeguarding biodiversity and the common heritage of seeds,
- Defence of victims of state repression and nationalist violence,
- Launching and networking of peace initiatives.
The main office of the ECF is in Basle in Switzerland, a country in which it is recognised as an association acting for the public good. Since September 1993 it has published a monthly newspaper, « Archipel », in French and German, the two langages most used by its members. Archipel informs about the activities of the FCE, other groups or individuals, presents reports on current political events, but also reflections on history and philosophy. It has a circulation of around 5,000 copies. The ECF has unfortunately few documents in English.